Scope and Objectives
BBS Research and Professional Development Centers (RPDCs) will evolve over time, however, our current objectives include, but not limited to are as following:
- Encourage and support faculty members to their basic and applied research, and provide guidance, assistance, and comprehensive administrative support in submission of research proposals to various local and international funds and institutes;
- Generate primary data through applied research that will make a significant impact on the value chain;
- Host research seminars/workshops/masterclasses/lecture series for the students and faculty members from various academic disciplines. Initiate calls for papers, grant funds for research proposal development, seed money for initial research, and publication expenses of books and papers as per rules and regulations by the Brac University research grant policy;
- Develop impactful business cases, particularly in the local and regional contexts, that will create valuable practical and contemporary knowledge for student learning.
- Organize annual international business conferences as a forum in which preliminary and well-developed research work is presented by scholars of Brac University and other institutions, encouraging the exchange of ideas and collaboration among researchers from various disciplines;
- Hosting inter-university business research/case competition for the faculty members and students;
- Design and deliver various professional development and training programs for individuals as well as custom solutions for organizations making the programs self-sustainable;
- Awarding best research faculty and student awards at BBS based on predetermined criteria that will promote and enhance the university-wide research environment and culture.
- Publication of Quarterly Brac Business School newsletter;
- Providing research support to attract and retain top-tier faculty and student